So much delicious! This photo was taken just before this disappeared……very quickly! 🙂
Light and easy on the stomach – Nice for Spring or a Summer meal.
- 8 large (about 150g each) vine-ripened tomatoes
- 300g (2 1/2 cups) cooked SunRice Long Grain Brown Rice
- 4 shallots, pale section only, finely chopped
- 75g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 45g (1/4 cup) currants
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
Cut the top from each tomato. Reserve the tops. Remove the flesh from the tomatoes, leaving a 1cm-thick border around the edges. Reserve the flesh. Place the tomatoes, cut-side down, on a plate lined with paper towel. Strain the reserved flesh through a fine sieve into a bowl (you’ll need 125ml or 1/2 cup juice).
Combine the rice, shallot, feta, currants, mint, parsley, cinnamon and reserved tomato juice in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
Divide the rice mixture among the tomato shells. Place on the lined tray. Spray lightly with olive oil spray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
Add the reserved tomato tops to the tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender but still hold their shape.
Combine the rocket and vinegar in a bowl. Divide tomatoes and salad among serving plates. Replace the tops. Serve.