You Tough Enough?
Lots of people talk big at gyms. Lots of people reckon they have “perseverance”. Here’s my challenge – “PERSEVERANCE” – a standard workout given to the ASSUME ITS POSSIBLE’s TRITAN training crew.
- There is no time limit – you’re aiming to finish
- You WILL NOT STOP in your runs….slow it down to a walk if required….but you stop at all, then the whole point of this workout is broken. You could keep going, but you’ll know…..just make it slower and keep going!
- The bike option is at MAX resistance (ours is 25) – and is ONLY if you physically cannot run.
- Push-ups are on toes. ALL of them. Make them singles….make it take 10 minutes for the set….but they are…on…toes.
- Pull-ups can be modified to suit ability – if you can do full ones, do full ones…if you’re not there yet, hang off straps with feet on the floor, body on an angle…..basically as hard as YOU can manage.
- Google a V-Snap if you haven’t heard this term. A v-pulse is a 10cm high V-Snap
There are two concepts to this workout. Breakdown what seems like a mammoth task into smaller ones. Even when it looks like I’ve already broken it down, do it again. 1km can be 10x 100m efforts. Or alternate 100m hard, 50m rest. Do something to ensure your mind is engaged and constantly ticking off sections of work.
The second is relativity….How’d the 1000m flat (or on no resistance) feel after the heavy work? Like you were running downhill? It being pushed from behind? Why can’t that be like that all the time? Mindset.