Fall Salad with Beluga Lentils, Grapes and Roasted Pumpkin
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 20 mins
A nourishing fall salad, with roasted pumpkin, grapes, and beluga lentils, loaded with antioxidants and fiber for a healthy seasonal lunch.
Original Author: The Awesome Green
Recipe type: Salad
- For the salad
- ½ small pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups cooked beluga lentils
- 1 small beet root, peeled and cut into cubes
- ½ cup red grapes, cut into halves
- 1 handful fresh rocket
- 7-10 mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- A pinch sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- For the dressing
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp organic raw honey (replace with maple syrup for the vegan version)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/ 347°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, add the cubed pumpkin and beet, drizzle with coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Roast for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the veggies are roasting, heat one teaspoon coconut oil into a skillet, add two crushed garlic cloves and fry for a minute.
- Add the fresh spinach and cook until all its liquid evaporates.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl add the dressing ingredients and whisk to obtain a creamy liquid.
- In a large bowl add the cooked lentils, roasted vegetables, grapes, onion and spinach and toss to combine. Add the dressing and rocket and toss one more time.
- Top with toasted hazelnuts and serve.