Breakfast Stuffed Peppers Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 15 min. COOK: 50 min.
- 4 bell peppers, sliced in half, core and seeds removed
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onions, diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Bacon, ham, and/or sausages, pre-cooked (optional)
- 1 tbsp. cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-heat.
- Sauté the onion until soft, about 4 minutes, then add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until witted, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Divide the vegetable mixture equally among the bell pepper halves
- Top off each bell pepper half with some of the beaten eggs, and add the meat of your choice, if using.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the oven, on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.